Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Power and Light District

Since the Big XII Men's Basketball tournament is starting tomorrow, life Downtown is about to get crazy. From people running through the streets, to frustrated fans trying to find a parking spot, it will for sure be interesting.

I am definitely looking forward to trying out some of the new restaurants in the P&L district, right across the street from the Sprint Center.

We ate at Famous Dave's Barbecue joint a couple of weeks ago, and it was pretty good. I must say I haven't had BBQ for quite some time, and after eating there, it made me want barbecue much more often! For the lunch portion/price, though, it was well worth it. The menu selection is decent, and the BBQ sauces are even better.

Dare to try Devil's Spit, and there's no looking back - you are in for a treat. Mixed with several chili peppers and a variety of other ingredients, this flavor will knock your socks off. Definitely a delicious choice, but not for the faint of heart.

Check back as I give my perspective on the other restaurants that I dine at in the coming days.

Where have you eaten at in this new area of Downtown?

No comments: