Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Social Media Trends


According to Hitwise, MySpace continues to dominate the social media realm when it comes to visits.

This is a message to business to begin utilizing MySpace as an avenue to reach the targeted demographic, if it makes sense. There are a variety of businesses, schools, and people on MySpace, and this is a great outlet to increase exposure and brand awareness on the internet.

I, myself have a MySpace account, but haven't been as active in the community as I am on Facebook. Craigslist is another social outlet that I haven't really taken advantage of. I have heard of Craigslist being a great way to buy and sell items to local people online.

So let this Hitwise report be a call to arms for business who are not currently active in the social media realm. The longer you wait to create a profile, the more time you waste not exposing your brand as much as you could.

What social sites are you actively participating in right now?

No comments: